What is the Global Day of Climate Action?
The Global Day of Climate Action is an annual direct action rally held in September, established by Fridays for Future. This day calls upon the world leaders to make concrete commitments to fight the climate crisis. This year, we demand policymakers and world leaders to prioritize #PeopleNotProfit!
What are we doing?
We are organizing strikes in San Diego on September 23th with youth at Waterfront Park, San Diego (then marching to SD City Hall); and at Chula Vista Main Library / Friendship Park (then marching to CV City Hall); and we are supporting actions being organized at many schools around the County.
How can you join?
There are THREE ways you can join in the action:
- Attend one of the School Strikes and invite your friends!!
- Attend the Central Strike!
- Organize your own School Strike – and we can help!
How can you support us?
- Volunteer to help us on Strike Day!
- Promote the strikes through social media, by email and text using our Promo Toolkit!
- Have your organization partner with us
Take action with us by adding your name to this petition calling on President Biden to declare a Climate Emergency NOW!
Fighting for our Livable Future! Affiliated with @sandiego350 + @youthvoil + @plasticfreegenz