Find my Strike!
We can’t wait to strike with you! Our movement is about connection and human relationships. Help us build our presence and amplify youth voices by inviting 10 of your friends to join our strikes. Please volunteer for the day of the event by filling out this form.
Youth, adult supporters, and organizations will join together in Downtown San Diego and Chula Vista.
The Downtown San Diego Strike will start on the East side of the San Diego County Administration Building at 1 pm. At 1:30pm, we will march to the San Diego City Hall, where there will be speakers, music, and arts. Register here. Speakers include: Jack Shu, La Mesa City Council, Lucero Sanchez, Coastkeeper and San Diego Green New Deal Alliance, Rachal Hamilton, Mesa College Student, Zoë Geller-Alford, Point Loma High School Student and many more. Organized by San Diego High School, Point Loma High School and East Village Middle College High School and a coalition of partners.
The Chula Vista Strike will begin at 10am at Friendship Park by City Hall (4th and . We will march around 3rd and back to Chula Vista City Hall. Contact Gina Woodard for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org, (619) 227-0780. Speakers include Jill Galvez, Chula Vista City Council, Zaneta Encarnacion, Community Leader, and Alexa Castruita, student at Hilltop High School. Organized by students from Hilltop High School, Bonita Vista High School, Otay Ranch High School and other Sweetwater District schools with partners. Ends 12 pm.
Students will hold rallies at their schools! Youth are hosting school strikes at the following schools. While visitors are welcome at UC San Diego and SDSU, please check with organizers on high school strikes as visitors are generally not permitted.
- San Diego State University – 11:30 am-12:30 pmat the Student Union. Stay updated at https://www.instagram.com/sdsuclimatestrike/
- UC San Diego – Rally at 12 pm @ Silent Tree/Geisel Library + march Learn more and register.
- Canyon Crest Academy – educational program at lunch (not open to public)
- High Tech High School – meet in the Grass area next to HTH during lunch (about 11:50am); the event might extend to 4th period. We will have a series of speakers and walk around the HTH schools.
- Mission Vista High School – educational program at lunch (not open to public)
- Patrick Henry High School period 4 into lunch (open to PHHS students and staff only)
- Point Loma High School – joining San Diego High at the downtown event
- San Diego High School – marching at 1:30 pm to the downtown event at City Hall
- University City High School at 1 pm during lunch – marching to Standley Recreation Center
- Westview High School at lunch (open to WVHS students and staff only)
To hold a strike at your school, fill out our student sign up form and set up a meeting with Chris Kracha, who is supporting school strike planning. When you are ready, register your school’s climate strike!